Kraft Heinz has selected five food and drink brands to join the second class of its Springboard incubator platform.
Entrants include plant-based yogurt brand Tiny Giants and Origin Almond, which produces a range of cold-pressed juices.
Launched in 2016, Springboard aims to nurture, scale, and accelerate the growth of disruptive brands. All incubator teams in the latest cohort fall within at least one of the programme’s growth pillars: natural and organic, specialty and craft, health and performance, and experiential brands.
Over the course of the next 16 weeks, the selected start-ups will participate in a programme composed of learning, funding, infrastructure access, and mentorship in Chicago, Illinois.
The brands in full
- Blake’s Seed Based – makes allergen-free snacks and protein bars, available in flavours such as raspberry, pineapple, and mango lemon.
- Brami – produces a range of shelf-stable, marinated lupini beans that are high in plant protein and fibre.
- Ka-Pop! – aims to replace empty calories with its four-strong line ancient grain popped chips.
- Origin Almond – uses cold-press technology to extract the liquid essence of almonds and create a range of juices.
- Tiny Giants – offers a range of plant-based yogurts aimed at children.
Springboard incubator lead Kelly Reinke said: “We had an incredibly competitive group of applicants. All five companies in our second incubator class offer delicious products that cater to the better-for-you offerings consumers are demanding. Springboard exists to help shape the future of food, and we are confident our next class does just that.”
Springboard has also announced the application period for the third incubator class is open now until June 14th for the autumn programme which will take place from August to November.
The five brands selected to take part in last year’s Springboard class were Ayoba-Yo, Cleveland Kraut, Kumana, Poppilu and Quevos.
Last November, Kraft Heinz announced a $200 million deal to acquire US condiments and sauces brand Primal Kitchen, which will join the firm under the Springboard unit.